11/13/10

My concern for your tomato plants

For those not familiar with Richard Brautigan, the sense of humour might not be that obvious in the poem about starfish shared in my last post.. It's kind of subtle. True or not, I'd still like to share with you a little more of his poetry -

MY CONCERN FOR YOUR TOMATO PLANTS

I stare at your tomato plants.
You're not, I'm not pleased with the way they are growing.
I try to think of ways to help them.
I study them. What do I know about tomatoes?
"Perhaps some nitrate" I suggest.
But I don't know anything and now I've taken
to gossiping about them. I'm as shameless
as their lack of growing.

MELTING ICE AT THE EDGE OF YOUR FINAL THOUGHT

Oh well, call it a
life.


FOR FEAR YOU WILL BE ALONE

For fear you will be alone
you do so many things
that aren't you at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment